How to get a Brazilian Tourist visa?
When traveling around South America, be aware that depending on your citizenship you may be required to pay entrance or tourist fees to enter certain countries. Argentina and Chile have reciprocity fees, Bolivia requires a visa; however, the country with the strictest rules, is probably Brazil. If you are traveling with a US, Australian, or Canadian passport (among other countries. You can see the full list .) and you are interested in traveling to Brazil, you will have no choice but to obtain a Brazilian Tourist Visa. If you find yourself in Buenos Aires, with the day dream of heading to the Brazilian beaches, don´t worry because you do have the option of going through the process here. The process is slightly time consuming but in the end, not that difficult. If you follow our instructions exactly, you will have no problem getting your Brazil Visa.
Step 1. Make an appointment at the . Find the dropdown menu at the top of the calendar (labeled “Área”) and select “Área de Visa Turistica.” Find and click on an open appointment slot (green time slot means available) and enter your name and contact information.
Step 2. Fill out the . After completed, make sure to either print out the confirmation or take note of the application number listed on the confirmation form.
Step 3. Prepare your documents! It is important that you have all of these documents. Not every document is always necessary, but it varies from person to person so save yourself the potential of being turned away and bring everything.
- 4×4 (passport size) photo, white background, no white clothing
- Passport with a validity of at least six months
- Bank statement (checking or savings) or 2 credit card(s)
- Flight or bus ticket in and out of Brazil. If traveling by car, the owner of the vehicle must write a statement with all the vehicle data and the itinerary
- Hotel or cruise reservation. If you’re staying with friends or family, you must write in the host’s contact information on the online form
- If the passenger is a resident of Argentina, you must present original and a copy of the DNI. If you’re a tourist, you must present the entry stamp into Argentina on your passport.