Holiday destinations in Brazil
Brazil’s tropical climate, beautiful landscapes, beaches, historical towns and nature make it a distinctly magical country and charming setting for a romantic escape or honeymoon break. There is paradise to be found at pousadas of the beaten track in Brazil and here are 10 truly special places we recommend you stay at:
1. Casa Bobô Eco-Pousada, Boipeba, Bahia – Secluded, private, just the place to spend some alone time. At night the pousada is illuminated with candles to create a romantic ambience for dining whilst soaking up the spectacular ocean views .
2. Ilha de Toque Toque Boutique Hotel, São Sebastião, São Paulo – Boutique luxury pampering and wonderful service in an amazing natural setting only a short walk down to the beach. Ideal for enjoying time together away from the rest of the world.
3. Butterfly House Bahia, Maraú Peninsula, Bahia – Cosy and elegant bungalows in a tropical little hideaway, providing all the food and drink indulgence and alone time you need. Right on Cassange beach and walking distance to the lake, this is a place of spectacular skies full of stars and amazing sunsets.
4. Cristalino Jungle Lodge, Alta Floresta, Mato Grosso – You can’t get much more romantic than this luxury eco-lodge in the middle of Cristalino jungle reserve in the Amazon. 5* luxury accommodation surrounded by incredible nature and wildlife.
5. Pousada Bromélias, Paraty, Rio de Janeiro – Rustic luxury and pampering in the hills and atlantic rainforest of Rio de Janeiro state. All the peace and quiet you need whilst only being 17 kms from historic Paraty.
6. Pousada Paraíso Verde, Ilhéus, Bahia – Total exclusivity and hidden tranquility, this is a wonderful escape from civilisation right on a beautiful deserted beach. Works by famous US pop artists combine with rustic chic Brazilian design in specatacular stilted bungalows to make for an extra special experience.
7. – A slice of french romanticism in this beautiful boutique beachfront pousada. Have dinner by candlelight, stroll in the tropical gardens, dip in the warm warm sea or just chill out with the seaviews lounging in one of those iconic pink deckchairs.
8. Casarão Alto Mucugê, Arraial d’Ajuda, Bahia – This bohemian chic pousada has a really romantic quality, with amazing seaviews to enjoy day and night. Only a few minutes walk to great restaurants of Arraial in one direction and the beautiful deserted beach of Pitinga in the other.
9. Pousada Capim Santo, Trancoso, Bahia – Truly personal service and luxury accommodation fo spending some quality time together . Walking distance from the famous colourful quadrado of Trancoso, but pleanty of chill space right in the pousada to go with the first class dining.
10. Vila Pedra Mar, Ilha Grande, Rio de Janeiro – Exclusive ocean-front, very romantic and intimate hideaway with excellent personal service and all you need to feel special. Take a romantic boat trip around the island at sunset with a nice bottle of champagne to really toast the occasion.