Round trip to Brazil cost
Deals to South America are back this week with flights to Brazil from the US. Earlier this fall, we saw some deals to Colombia from $267 and to Chile from $400. Today’s deals aren’t quite as cheap, but you can find nonstop service for under $500.
These discounted flights are available from October through December, and are serviced by a mix of Oneworld partners, including American, LAN and TAM. Depending on travel dates, airlines and your destination, you might have a connection in Santiago (SCL), Sao Paulo (GRU) or Rio de Janeiro (GIG). Additionally, it seems that the absolute cheapest fares must be booked via Orbitz, whereas you can purchase directly through the airlines at a small premium.
Don’t forget that you need a visa to visit Brazil, so make sure you’re able to enter the country and get your visa in order before you’re locked into the ticket. If you book through Orbitz, you’ll be guaranteed a full refund if you cancel by 11pm ET the day after booking.
Airlines: American, LAN and TAM.
Route(s): JFK to GIG and GRU
Cost: $476-516+ round-trip in economy
Pay With: Citi Prestige or Chase Sapphire Preferred
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York (JFK) to Sao Paulo (GRU) for 6:
New York (JFK) to Rio de Janeiro (GIG) for 6:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
- Earn 50, 000 bonus points after you spend , 000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's 5 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5, 000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50, 000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
|Intro APR||Regular APR||Annual Fee||Foreign Transaction Fee||Credit Rating|
|N/A||16.24%-23.24% Variable||Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95||0%|
Share this article
I am planning a trip to Brazil. While I will be spending most of my time in Rio de Janeiro, I also want to visit Foz de Iguacu. What is the best way to get there from Rio? Where are some relatively inexpensive places to stay? - Quora
It's really difficult to recommend hotels based on what you consider inexpensive. Therefore I recommend some popular websites in Brazil so that you can check airplane tickets, hotels and more.